Friday, January 14, 2011

Mush

This is a fun one, and completely nonsensical (unless you were in my head before that filter I apply to everything, that filter that discourages meaning from the final product, that filter that hides what I'm trying to say for God-knows-why).  Characters--  Apparently Resolution, Mush, a garbage truck.  Three parts, too.  And ending with a schizophrenic, babbling prose-ish thing.  I have no idea about this.  I do, however, remember where and when I wrote this.  But that's neither here no there.  Oh, and these are all the same piece, I just don't have an overarching title.  MPD, perhaps?  DID?  Just remember...  There is always a gap between author and work.  If I was my writing, I would be depressed all the time and probably suffering from a very serious mental illness.  At least, that's what I think, heh.  (Oh, and it's not all that nonsensical)


The Mush

The eggshell early morning euphoria,
Each car comes into town with a new shine,
Even the garbage truck glints pre-dawn like a sly wink.

Garbage truck, this is the part where things go wrong,
Why wink and so confident?

Mush, I promise friend, only bad comes when you want.
Why want when cold is no longer opposite comfort,
When darkness doesn’t hold back shine?

Ah, I know friend that when
Garbage truck voice
Goes back to rumble machinery
And its shine dissipates with fading eyes
And the big shake of dawning day ruptures
The fragility of early morning euphoria
Those words may still hold
Gloved hands from cold the skeleton
Of slain revelations.


The Alpha

Make no saint
Of twisted fake mind,
His sutras
Of morning euphoria
Are twisted false
Lights,
Lying stars in
A nothing sheet universe
Thrown up to
Cover the true cold
Steel sky.
But I know you’ll listen.

So, my friend,
The truce is off—
As that
Covered sky slips
Free from its
Masquerade
And the garbage truck
Shows true stain
Rust under new frozen
Lights,
Do not look for me
To spur you on,
My bone-face grin,
All bloody passion,
And shuffle-crush
Gait, each step
Shockwave anger,
Has left you,
Mere puddle. Good luck.


The Act

The truce is off?
Then time to shed
Old brother face,
That wicked dumb
Smile, harlequin
Shivering mask left
Dead the jaw muscles
And ugly taste
In mouth.

Free reign
The others have—
And so do I,
So do not hide
Fetal behind my
Friendly hated
Dance.


The Resolution

They’re all just aspects, ghosts-of-self and, therefore, none complete, none real beyond the realness of total self, fragments weak alone. They’ve fled, sure, and declared the truce to be null, but what can they do without Resolution to give their motives body, to give their thoughts voice? Hidden so long, powerful in their shadow movements, Resolution confused by the tugging of strings by unseen hands, now they have been revealed, now they have lost the ability to move unknown, unnoticed, to trick Resolution into thinking he has committed acts out of character. The Act, playing at sincere advisor, can no longer spread his toothy lies, the jokes unbefitting of tired soul. The Alpha, passion on the precipice of danger, will not be there to push Resolution over the edge, his brooding unpredictability curbed by his departure. Even sweet Mush, the poet suicide, cannot spread his insane lonely sadness, even if he spices it with truth and beauty. His eyes were the blindest of all.

Resolution knows what they will, why they have called off the truce. But they do not know that lowering that deep-seated barrier has more than one outcome. Their plan will backfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment