Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Coke Man


Coke-Bot?  Ah, college.

This is not a blog of nostalgia.  Simply proof I existed and that there's something worth continuing.  Hard to do at times with the current opinions of the people I once called friends.  But, as Kilgore Trout once said, "So it goes."  Their eyes will always see what they want.  The only thing I can do is avoid becoming what they say I am.  Hopefully this sickness goes into remission.  Here's something I hope speaks more of hope than of darkness.



Old Clock Radio

I was once told
By a friend
That music is a healing force,
So on a cold night
In emerald flowing mountains
I set my cancer
Down by an old clock radio.

I dialed in
A static-tinged gospel station
With vibrations strung
Through the depths
Of Old American Man—
Chapped worn hands singing
Through a golden throat
And joyful claps
Flying out like
Scared-off crows,
Black over
Blistering wheat field.

Pale morning sky
Cracked through silver mists
Rolling off those green hills
Steaming up to greet the newly
Crested Sun as that old clock radio
Still played.

No comments:

Post a Comment